Monday, October 26, 2009

Future Career?

We have decided to take advantage of B's sick days and our days of staying at home. We (or I mean, I) have been wanting to paint and re-do B's room for a long time. I don't think that you typically think of a child-friendly room until you've had your first baby. Once you've had your baby, you start to realize things that may be better elsewhere, space that could be used to enhance their fun in their own room, and organization that makes more sense. I have blocked off his room and we've moved the crib into our room until the room is fixed and clean. It has worked great and I may just do that with our bedroom and the guest room. The poor boy probably thinks that he lost his room! My to-do list in his room is huge, but I'm excited about the progress and how it looks. With the next baby, I will know beforehand to make his or her room child-friendly. Perhaps we will even paint beforehand, too.

His new reading area. We are going to put some mats down on the floor.



When we finished painting the blue on the three walls, we let B into his room to help us pull the tape off the baseboards. He loved it and thought it was fun to pull off.








This is how we found sleepy B tonight, an hour after being placed in bed.

2 comments:

The Moses Family

I love the book area!

Bell

Love the paint job. That looks so great. So bold. I love it.

Maybe you should get a bean bag for him to sit on there by the books. That would be a nice prop for you too when you have to get down on the floor there to read to him. Just a thought.

Great job!
When is that second baby coming, anyway? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...