Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fevers, fevers

Is it possible to take out stock in the doctor's office? Poor Blake seems to catch fever bugs a lot. Or those fevers indicate ear infections, which is as equally unpleasant. This time, the bug hit last night around 6. When Daddy T made it home for the night, I realized B had been cuddling on my lap for 30 minutes, not moving. Unheard of. I mean, he actually sat still for 30 minutes while awake and let me hold him. I noticed he felt a little warm so we took the temporal temperature. It always runs lowers so when it said 99.something I made Daddy T take the rectal one. It was 100.5. An hour and half later, it was at 100.9, with tylenol. This morning it was 101.1. We're trying to avoid the doctor's office at all costs because we don't want to risk the chance of catching anything else. The doctor said we're doing everything okay but to come in if he runs it for 3 days in a row or if he gets worse today. So that is our day. Lots of hugs, cuddling, kisses, and blankets. And a scratched schedule for me, but that's okay. I'm glad to hand out those cuddles as long as he'll take them! Feel better B!

1 comments:

Jeremy, Summer, Micah and Jayna

Hang in there, Megan! We went through the same thing last week! Micah started running a fever on Tuesday night and it was finally gone on Friday morning. But, we had a couple rough days--he just laid in the floor and didn't move (which freaked me out!). I had never used Motrin before, but it was a God-send. I felt like it worked much better than Tylenol. We don't watch TV around here, but Micah and I watched lots of Sesame Street and Veggie Tales! Hope Blake gets better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...