Monday, March 7, 2011

Get Knocked Down...

Well, it's not me that's knocked down.  It's more like both of my kiddos.  B started running a fever on Friday and it has continued into today.  Baby M hasn't run a fever but has the same symptoms as B did when his first started and has a horribly runny nose and is becoming hoarse.  Pitiful babies!  B's is made worse by his wheezing.  His little ribs are showing now when he breathes and you can hear him try to catch a breath.  We are doing his treatments, but his cough is so bad.  My little bundle of joy just wants to sleep and not move.  My body doesn't know what to do with all of this sitting still!

We have a doctor's appointment today to see what all is going on with both of them.  I just hate giving him those breathing treatments because he shakes so bad and then acts HORRID!  And I do mean HORRID!  He is mean, ugly, and not himself with them, but that's the only thing that makes him able to breathe.  It's just that it takes a good 2 hours or more to come down from this BAD side of the treatments. 

Hopefully the doctor can fix my babies.  I'll try to remember to post an update after we've been.

4 comments:

lahancock27

I've been reading a book on gluten intolerance and I know that it said that a lot of people that go off of gluten if they are sensitive to it, their allergies can be reduced. I don't know whether you know about this stuff. http://www.easy-immune-health.com/Symptoms-of-Gluten-Intolerance.html

http://gluten-intolerance-symptoms.com/

http://celiac-disease.com/can-a-gluten-free-diet-treat-asthma/

I have no idea if this would even apply to you guys, and I know it sucks to have sick babies. I hope B and M feel better quickly.

Meg

Thanks! I'm going to research some of that. I have briefly heard of it, but I hadn't had a chance to research it. I'm going to see what all it says.

Meg

I know it's supposed to help with IBS, so I'd like to do it for that reason alone. I just need to do a lot more research and reading on it.

lahancock27

I should say too that I know very little about asthma stuff so, I can only say, I'm sorry that you have to watch your child struggle to breathe.

You are much more an expert on that topic. As for IBS, I've heard it is fantastic. You should check out these blogs for some great recipes (whole foods!)

I've had the vanilla bean cake and it is awesome. I plan to make it for Nick's birthday party.
http://www.thespunkycoconut.com/

Also, a bunch of mom's contribute to this one.
http://wholefoodigans.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...