Friday, March 25, 2011

Sunny Days

I am so glad that a childhood friend of mine lives in the same place as us.  Jewels has grown up with me since they came to our church for her dad to be the pastor.  We have found ourselves living only miles apart now that we are married and with kids, too.  It's wonderful!  Her son, miracle E, and B are great friends.  Baby M and little C have the same temperment and we hardly recognize that they are there.  The 2 bigger boys keep us on our toes! 

We have been trying to meet once a week, especially since it has been so nice outside.  We've gone to parks, had picnics and have let the boys be boys, which entails rock throwing, getting muddy, running, and wrestling!  Needless to say, both boy sleep GREAT when we get them home!  This past week, Jewels and I met at a park and fed the ducks and threw rocks in the lake.  They loved it!  We sat for over and hour talking while they threw rocks.  Previously, we played on the playground and had a picnic.  They ate fast because they wanted to get to the ducks!






We had to keep the boys from throwing the rocks that hit the ducks.  Fortunately, the ducks were fast and the boys didn't have great aim. 

I'm so thankful that God has placed Jewels in my life.  She is such an encouragement to me when I feel like I'm getting nowhere with B or when I'm beyond frustrated!  It's great to know that she's in the same boat, too, with the same frustrations.  We like to bounce ideas off each other and talk about all that God is doing in our lives, which is a lot for both of us.  Thanks, Jewels, for your friendship!  I love that we have been friends for such an incredibly long time.  And how funny is it that our husbands went to school together and are from the same area?!  Small world.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...