Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Review: Becoming a Woman of Simplicity by Cynthia Heald

I absolutely enjoyed this Bible Study book.  I have found it to be perfect timing with my two little kiddos  because I am a person who likes to do it all and forget that I don't have to do it all.  Cynthia Heald provides great reminders that we are a society that likes to go, go, go, and go some more.  That's not always good.  What suffers when we're always going?  Usually, it's our family and our relationships.  This book has been going right along with God has been speaking to me lately about being intentional. 

My favorite chapter was the first one where she was talking about abiding .  She says "abiding is not an activity; it's a lifestyle."  Is He my everything?  Is my day centered around Him where not only my children see Him, but others that are around me? 

Each chapter is fairly short and I was able to complete it in a day.  However, I tended to break it up a little because it was so good and I wanted to dwell on certain points more and really focus on certain things during a week.  This is a great study that could be done alone or in a small group setting.
____________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from NavPress Publishers as part of their Blogger Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...