I'm so excited to have found what we are going to be doing for B's 3rd birthday. I would have done it for his 2nd, but I could find a place that let you ride horses. Now, thanks to a friend who had her son's party here, I'm thrilled to be able to celebrate B's birthday on a ranch, hopefully! The next best would be a farm, but something tells me that a group of toddlers roaming a cow pasture isn't such a great idea!
At Little Cowboy's birthday party, we were able to throw rocks in the pond (which was up the alley of EVERY single boy!) and then they got to "ride" and "rope" the bull while sitting on a horse. I told Daddy T he needed to construct a simple horse out of a barrel. It provided hours of fun for all of the kids. We were amazed. Then they brought out what EVERY. SINGLE. CHILD. was looking forward to the most. The horses. There were 2 horses and a pony for the kids to ride.
B wanted to ride, but didn't want to wear the helmet. The lady working gave us the idea of putting a cowboy hat under the helmet so he didn't feel it. Worked like magic! We got to lead the horse around the pond, which was fun. The first time, it stepped on Daddy T's toes. By the time I got it, all it wanted to do was eat! I'd love to find riding lessons for him if he stays interested in horses and farms. We'll see! One day, we're taking him to a rodeo. He'd love it. I think Pop also has a tractor pull lined up for him to watch once he's potty trained.
Thanks Little Cowboy for such a wonderful birthday party! B asked to be put to bed last night!
Oh...and while we were walking toward to the barn to go potty in the outhouse by the barn, B said "we go pee in the barn?" I told him "no" and that we were going to potty in the other building. He said "Pop lets me go pee in the barn." Thanks, Dad. At least it's not the porch, yet.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















0 comments:
Post a Comment