Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Review: Springtiime of the Spirit by Maureen Lang

I have never read any books by Maureen Lang, but I'm glad to say that will now change.  She is such a great author!  I wasn't for sure whether or not I would like this book at first because I don't typically like fictional books based on war.  However, she did a great job of drawing me into reading page after page.

The book is based in Germany in 1918.  The war has finally ended, but there's not a lot to be happy about due to what all has gone on during the war.  When Christophe returns from fighting in the war for his country of Germany, he is upset to find that his country is now fighting each other within the country.  However, once he has returned, a family friend has asked for his assistance to fetch his daughter and bring her home safely to him.  The last thing Christophe had on his mind was falling in love with Annaliese, the lady he was to safely return.  She's outspoken in the political scene to give women, and those working, a voice in the new government in Munich.  She's not thrilled that Christophe has to bring her home and isn't afraid to let him know that.

While falling in love, they have to face the fact that their beliefs are different.  Communism enters the stage and they both have to decide how they feel about it.  Will Annaliese abandon her faith for a system of beliefs that she's not for sure she really understands or can follow through with?
_________________________________________
This book was received by Tyndale Publishers free for my review of this book.  I did not have any stipulations as to what my review must say.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...