I enjoy historical fiction. I think it's a fun way to learn about history (as long as it's accurate!). After having read the second book in this series, I decided that I should read the first one. Thankfully, this one was still up as available to review!
Liz Curtis Higgs writes thick books, but they make you want to keep turning the page so it's not hard to finish the book very quickly. This was no exception.
This book is based on Ruth, like the second one. The story is based in 1745 when Prince Charlie and his rebel army ride into Edinburgh determined to capture the crown. Once Prince Charlie enters the scene, it causes such a disruption that Lady Kerr starts to question what she believes. This isn't an easy thing to admit to her family or to anyone, because they are not only a Christian family, but a royal Christian family. Her husband struggles with the issue of infidelity, and her mother-in-law has to learn to try to accept her despite her upbringing and the fact that she is a Highlander and loyal to Prince Charlie.
Each main character is dealing with a major issue, not necessarily an exact issue that is mentioned in the Bible. I should go ahead and clarify that it is "loosely" based on Ruth. I found this book very enjoyable to read.
_____________________________
This book was provided for review free of cost from Waterbrook Multnomah Press. I was not required to write a positive review this book.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











0 comments:
Post a Comment