As if I don't have enough on my plate already, I have decided to make a baby textured quilt for Blake. I love the different types of textures and I want him to experience all of the new sensory and tactile differences daily, so I figured why not incorporate it into a quilt. Hence, my latest project. I spent the night with my parents one weekend and while they played with Blake I was able to work on my quilt. Mom helped me learn all about the sewing machine that I was to take over, even though I still have lots to learn about it. However, sitting right next to me was her new sewing machine. It took all I had not to do it on there. I mean, while she was sewing something for my friend, Jennifer, she got up and left and it was still doing what it was supposed to do. She was holding Blake, and did it stop? No! I was envious! However, I knew that I wouldn't be inheriting that sewing machine anytime soon, so I had better learn on what is to be mine. I wanted a fun quilt that looked nice, but was functional. I had lots of fun picking out the material for it. It's very fun and it feels so good. In fact, we had an extra square left over so Mom added a back to it and Blake holds it up to his face and rubs it almost every day. The different textures include terry cloth, flannel, and some bubbly soft material. I'm hoping to get it completely finished at the end of the month, but here's a picture of the entire top.













1 comments:
That is soooooo cute!! I wish I were that talented!!
Post a Comment