Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Book Review: Lioness Arising by Lisa Bevere

Lioness Arising was a book that I was a little intrigued by with the title itself.  Lisa did a great job describing a lioness and the characteristics and paralleling it to women.  This book was meant to be motivational and challenging.  There were parts that were thought-provoking, but I don't think it was a lot different from many other books I have read about being a woman.

The topics were interesting, such as Awaken a Lioness, Walking with a Lion, A Force Unseen, Lionesses are Strategic, From a Whisper to a Roar, Lionesses Live in the Light and Hunt in the Dark, and Strength is for Services.  There are obviously quite a few more chapters than these, but this gives you some highlights as to what the book includes.

Lisa writes with motivational and with passion.  She not only wants us to come back to God, but she points out that we need to follow Him whole-heartily and with all of our hearts.  We are to be intentional and passionate about our relationship with Christ.

All in all, this book is one that I would probably recommend to a woman who was very discouraged about her relationship with Christ or who was new to the Christian faith.  It was a good reminder for me of God's purpose for my life, though.

______________________
I received this book free from Waterbrook Publishers as part of their Blogging for Books program.  I was not required to write a positive review.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...