Thursday, February 17, 2011

Book Review: Little Star by Anthony DeStefano

Little Star by Anthony DeStefano is a wonderful Christmas book that I look forward to reading many times to my children in the coming years.  My 2-year-old has requested this book 5 times in the past 30 minutes since we have first read it!  He loves it and so do I.

This book is a cute perspective from the little star that shone so bright in the sky on the night Jesus was born.  This star was lonely and ignored by all the others.  The star that shone the brightest on the night Jesus was born would get a prize.  However, all of the other stars were fooled when Jesus was born as a baby in a stable because they thought he would be born a real king in a palace.  However, the little star knew that this WAS Jesus and he shown as brightly as he could to keep Jesus warm in the stable.  He burned so bright he burned himself out.  He was so full of love and joy for Jesus.  But don't worry!  The star isn't gone...he's on top of our Christmas tree every year. 

I definitely recommend this book for any child!

___________________


I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah through their Blogging for Books program for their book review. I was in no way required to write a positive review for this book.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...