Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Do the Potty Dance

We have reached a brand new stage with B...POTTY TRAINING!  He is doing so well with it.  He tells us when he has to go potty, but I usually do make sure that I ask him often to keep it on his mind.  He loves his big boy underwear, which just happen to be Wonderpets and Cars, his favorites. 

I have been pretty lax about this whole process, to be honest.  I figured if I wasn't stressed and didn't push it, then he wouldn't stress and he'd be glad to do it.  I just don't have a schedule that will allow me to stay home for a week solid to work solely on potty training.  So far, it has worked.  He knows he gets 1 pair of underwear (or 1 pull-up before) a day and if he messed up in it, then it was back to a diaper.  He wants to wear his underwear so bad, so he does a really good job telling me when he needs to go.

This is the first week of us trying out his underwear in public.  I know it's going to be more troublesome for me simply because I have Baby M in tow.  However, we are so ready for him to learn to potty if he's ready.  Pop is, too, because he wants to take him to a tractor pull this spring if he learns in time.  B will absolutely love it.  I've promised him that if he makes it through this week with no accidents, he can go pick out a combine...his new favorite addition to his tractor collection.  Wish us luck!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...