Sunday, February 13, 2011

Book Review: Sisterchicks In Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones Gunn

I really enjoy reading the Sisterchicks books by Robin Jones Gunn.  I always feel like I'm taking an adventure with her and truly feel like I am traveling the world with her.  She does such a good job with describing the sights, sounds, and smells that she experiences when she is researching and visiting different places so that she can write these books.

Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes is no exception.  I feel like I hopped the pond and went to Holland.  While I was there, I got to see the tulips and the windmills.  I got to know the mannerisms of the Dutch and the purpose behind the wooden shoes.  Who knew they actually had a purpose! 

This book is a fun, easy, and light read.  It's a great escape from those everyday tasks of life when you just can't get on a plane and fly somewhere!

___________________
I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah through their Blogging for Books program for their book review.  I was in no way required to write a positive review for this book.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...