The Bridge of Peace by Cindy Woodsmall is the sequel to the Hope of Refuge. I have not read the first in the series, so I was afraid that I would have a difficult time figuring out the people and following along. I was pleased to find that was not the case and that I followed along quite easily. Of course, I definitely plan to go back and read the first one now!
This book covered some tough issues, such as marital issues and judgments passed on by others because of looks or disabilities. To be honest, I was a little suprised by the fact that these were covered because I don't usually tend to think of the Amish having the same kind of problems that we have. Not really because they are immune to it, but because so many books dealing with the Amish tend to omit these issues.
I definitely recommend this book to absolutely anyone!
_________________
I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah through their Blogging for Books program for their book review. I was in no way required to write a positive review for this book.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











0 comments:
Post a Comment