Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Making Childhood Memories

I'm really getting used to these snow days, I'll admit.  I love having Daddy T home (since he was working from home since he couldn't make it out of our subdivision, like everyone else on our side of the subdivision) and getting to play in the snow with B.  I love his excitement, how he begs to "pweese, pway in shnow!"  And since he said please, I can't very well turn him down.  After lying in the snow and making snow angels with him this morning, I showed him that he could eat the snow.  At that time, it had frozen and become great snowman-building snow and was basically like eating ice.  After I showed him that, he was perfectly content to sit on the retaining wall and eat snow all afternoon!  We had a snowball fight and he helped Daddy T build another snowman...in between bites...and then helped him shovel the driveway. 

I must say that I love making these memories with him.  I know he may not always remember them, but I hope that through the years he will look at these days as special and such a fun family time.  I remember loving the power going out and the ice storms and snow storms when I was younger.  Of course, we had a huge generator (and lived on a hill so it was like we were rubbing it in that we had electricity) and a furnace that kept the house nice and toasty.  My aunt and uncle and 2 cousins (at that time) would come over and spend the night/week with us since they would have lost power by that point.  I had so much fun bonding with them and playing games and coloring.  I absolutely loved the family time that we had then.  Those are some fond memories.  That's probably why, despite being cold and inconvenient now that I have kids, I love snowstorms and ice storms.  It gives you family time and memories that we too quickly rush past without noticing how much we've missed until we get to the point where it's too late.  I don't want to be that.  I try to daily take time to spend with my kiddos purposefully.  I don't want to regret that later.

Enough of that. Here's the pictures I know you really wanted.



My little snowman



Snowball fight.

Snow Angels...while eating snowballs.



B was feeding the snowman his snowball.  This was Daddy T's snowman.  Look significantly better than mine.  I didn't want to disturb the snow and the pretty yard more than I had to!



The best way to warm up after playing the snow twice in one day!

1 comments:

lahancock27

I really hope that those hairy legs in the bath photo were Daddy T's and not yours. To funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...