Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Don't Ever Want to Forget...

Friday was a rough day for me for many reasons.  Daddy T and I are both so tired from working on this house to get it ready by the end of February.  Not only that, but the kids are running us ragged and tag-teaming, I believe!  Anyway, by the end of the day on Friday, my exhaustion and frustration got the best of me.  After getting on to B for the uptenth time, I broke down in tears beside his bed.  I was so upset with myself and the way I was getting on to him because we were all tired and I needed to take a "chill pill."  Or perhaps I needed a time out!  I'll be honest.  Anyway, as I was sitting there letting the tears come, B took one look at me and said "Mommy cry?"  I gently told him "yes."  He ran to his bed and got blue (his favorite blanket) and brought it to me and laid it on my lap.  Then he proceeded to get his paci (which we're in the process of breaking him from) and gave it to me.  Not only that, he brought me his 2 favorite stuffed animals and a few favorite books.  Then he went and got a blanket for himself and came a sat on my lap.  Of course, this made me cry harder as I realized that he was bringing me all of the things that comforted him and lastly, he gave me himself.  Needless to say, it took me a bit to recover from the compassion that came from my son.  I was so proud of him and so in love with him.  I did look him in the eyes and apologize, and he apologized, too.  After all, that's what relationship are....messing up and asking forgiveness and above all, forgiving and loving each other.  Even at the tender age of 2.

1 comments:

Anonymous

Oh my, so sweet! I have been there too, and it just melts your heart to see them care for you. I also just experienced Wesley consoling Daniel when he was crying. Something about the youngest trying to help the oldest that will grab your heart even more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...