Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just a Bruise...

We have been snowed/iced in, as stated in my earlier post.  This morning was the first time Daddy T thought he could make it either up or down the hill without wrecking.  I thought otherwise because even our neighbors had tried it this morning and ended up being picked up by their bosses, like many people on our street.  All you see going up and down are the huge trucks meant to drive in snow/ice and of course, the 4-wheelers pulling out cars and carrying people to and from their homes to their person picking them up at the top of the hill.  We've finally figured out why our hill is so bad.  It never gets sun!  It makes for a very entertaining night, though, when stubborn people think they can make it after you inform them that it's solid ice.  Oh well!

Back to Daddy T.  I told him goodbye and waited for at least 5 minutes for him to start the truck.  Apparently he was checking out the drive and road.  The next thing I knew, he was coming back inside with his stuff and was holding his hand in the air.  He said that he had fallen on the ice and it had cut his hand.  His hand was already swollen and I was afraid it was broken, but when it started to turn colors we knew it was just bruised.  Trust me....I, being Mrs. Grace, have had enough bruised hands and wrists and ankles to know that's what it was!  B has enjoyed kissing on it in hopes that it will make Daddy T's "bu-bu" go away.

Schools have been cancelled for the rest of the week (I think partly because of the mountains being so bad) so I've had a light work week this week with no Kindermusik or music therapy (except for one) to do.  I'm almost ready to go back!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...