Saturday, August 27, 2011

A True Girl

It's weird how different boys and girls are from birth.  I know there are some exceptions, but B knew how to make car sounds without me ever thinking to utter it to him.  He would just pick up a car and make it zoom.  I was amazed.  (I still say their lack of focusing on more than one thing comes at birth, too.  Come to think of it, I wonder if they have a nothing box at that age, too.  You know...when you ask your husband what he's thinking and he says "nothing."  Seriously?!  How can you NOT be thinking about anything?)  I digress.

Baby M has come ingrained with some natural girl behaviors as well, such as talking on the phone, wanting a purse (or a bag, really, anything with a handle will suffice), and taking care of her babies with hugs and kisses.  Its so funny to watch the difference.  My dad always says that she's such a girl.  Loves the tractor, but hates the vacuum cleaner.  How does that work?  I mean, the tractor is MUCH louder than the vacuum cleaner.

So what about you?  Have you noticed anything that boys and girls seem to come with from birth that are characteristics of what you think of when you think of their gender?



2 comments:

Tiffany

From birth, Taylor has, for the most part, been so laid back, easy going, gentle and quiet. Her brother was born just the opposite! From birth, Rylan has not been very laid back or easy going and rarely is he gentle or quiet! He loves to yell and scream and be "rough and tumble." "He's such a boy" pops out of my mouth at least once a day =D . But, man oh man, do I love my sweet girl and precious boy and cherish their uniqueness!

lahancock27

My boys make car sounds and they will grab baby dolls and rock them. They may be a little louder than their girl counterparts, but my boys seem to be a mix of both. However, I don't have a daughter to truly compare. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...