Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Book Review: Treasuring Emma by Kathleen Fuller

Girls, here's another wonderfully written book about the Amish. This was another book that I would stay up and read long before I should have been in bed sleeping!  If you like books about the Amish life, then you'll love this book, I think.

Emma is a 25-year-old woman who has experience a lot of loss in her life.  Her mother died from cancer and her first love went to the Englisch world, leaving Emma behind and heartbroken.  Now she is living with her grossmammi.

After Adam received a letter telling him of Emma's mother's death, he returns to Middlefield.  Emma is determined to guard her heart this time and to not let him back in her life as easily.  She's not really sure why he came back, whether it was guilt or love. 

Not long after his return, another man comes into their community, Mark King, and has an interest in Emma.  Adam warns Emma not to let her guard down with him, but will she listen?  Does she fall for Mark or does she give Adam a second chance?  Will Adam stay in the Amish community or return back to the Englisch world?  You'll have to read it to find out!
__________________
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <[...]> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 <[...]> : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...