I'll tell you a secret. I love to watch my kiddos while they are sleeping. I think that's the favorite part of my nighttime routine, even though it's not because of the reason you'd think. Not because I'm thrilled it's the end of the day and I can finally crash. Not because it's been a rough day and now I have time to myself (although that has been a fleeting thought once or twice). Not because it means I don't have to discipline anymore. So the reason? The reason is because when I stare at their sweet sleeping faces, I still see my little babies. Their faces look like their baby pictures of when they were sleeping. I'm reminded of how they looked when they were held in my arms BEFORE their feet started to hang off my lap! I'm reminded of the time when I rocked them, thinking they could do no wrong and I'd never even think of raising my voice with them. Why, of course, they were perfect! (I knew they weren't, but at night, they seem like they are.) Tell me I'm not alone in this nightly ritual. I mean, those sleeping babies are absolutely precious. It reminds me of the opportunities I missed during the day to spend time with both of them or moments that I selfishly kept to myself instead of setting my tasks aside. I love those subtle reminders given to me.
Oh...and did I forget to mention that B is now 3?!!! That post is for another day, along with pictures. He had the best day and we loved it because he was so excited about his special day. I love it now that he asks to spend his special day with certain people. And...I think he invited his ENTIRE Sunday School class to his birthday party. I don't even have a clue who all is in there, so it's a good thing that most of them won't remember yet!
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comments:
You are not alone! I love,love, love to watch my kiddos sleep. Like you, it is also part of my bedtime routine :) . Taylor will be turning 5 years old in just three short months and, yet, looking at her sleeping, I see my six month old baby girl again. Rylan turned a year old last month and seems SO big at times during the day, but, at night, I see my tiny baby once again. Just precious :)
Post a Comment