I have just recently started to enjoy books that are set in the Colonial period. I love the idea of big, fancy dresses (despite the fact I know they are a) hot and b) uncomfortable). I also like imagining what life was like then since it's so foreign to what we have here. What would it be like to ride by horse?
The year of 1779 found spinster Roxanna Rowan at the Kentucky fort that happens to be commanded by Colonel Cassius McLinn. This is how she finds out that her father, an officer, has died. Now Roxanna is left on her own with not much at all and is forced to take up the role that her father left behind. As you might guess, Colonel Casius becomes a tad bit attracted to Roxanna and vice versa. However, her dad kept a journal, which might reveal a few secrets that are being kept at the fort. Oh, say, maybe some secrets about a spy. Since the journal has been tampered with and the last few pages aren't there anymore, she's not for sure who is really capable of being trusted and who isn't. Is Colonel Casius a spy or is he someone worth winning her heart? Or....is he both? Like I'll tell you! Pick up this book and read it for yourself. You'll enjoy it!
____________________
I received this book free from Revell publishers in exchange for my honest review.











1 comments:
Thanks so much for taking time for Roxanna's story and for your thoughtful review! I know how hard it is to have reading time with little ones and a busy life. Bless you. You have a beautiful blog!
~Laura
Post a Comment