Friday, September 25, 2009

The zoo

We had such a great time at the zoo a few Fridays ago. It was relatively big compared to the one here at home. I can't wait to go back and see all of the animals again. We learned so many things about the elephants, the butterflies, monkeys, and lions. We learned how to tell how if a monarch butterfly was a boy or a girl. Who knew you could tell a difference! My best friends from middle school went with me since they live in the area. You know how good of a friend she is when she agrees to meet me in the rain to see the animals! Thanks, Heather! Of course, this was right before our family got sick. Hopefully Heather stayed well. I must brag on Heather for a second though. She's going to med school and I know she will be such a wonderful doctor. She's actually about to start her rotations. She is one of the most caring and compassionate people that I know of. We are so much alike in so many ways. We both hate conflict and we absolutely hate hurting others and we are both very conscious about what we say and how it could affect others. She encourages me in my Christian walk and we always are open about our struggles. I'm not afraid to ask her to pray for me in different areas, and I know that she is the same way. I'm so thankful that God blessed me with a friend that has stayed true through middle school, high school, different colleges, and now into our adult lives. I'm proud of you, Hettie!










Penguin lover?




I now know that I can go to South Africa to see penguins. Forget going to Antartica now!

This bear was up on a cliff and there was a bear up above it in a tree.

This bear was too lazy. It was at the end of the tunnel that you can go in. It never moved except to look at us once. This is as close as I ever want to be to a bear, though.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...