Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Squeals of Delight

Have I mentioned how much I have missed Blake's little squeal? I love hearing him say "Mommy" and "Daddy." He has also learned to say and sign "ball" and he loves to sign "wash hands." Hopefully the love of washing hands will get us through the flu season! When we walk into a bathroom, he signs "wash hands" and gets a goofy grin on his face.

At Mom's Morning Out this morning, we took the kiddos across the street to play in an open field. We opened the parachute and let the kids run under it and basically run as much and as long as they wanted. It was such a beautiful day for them to be outside. Blake would run under the parachute, scream his delighted squeal, and run out. Then he'd run across the field squealing and laughing. He truly had a lot of fun! I love watching him learn and experience these new things. Perhaps I'll take him to the park this week and let him do his favorite thing...slide and swing!

I've taken on a new music therapy client who has such a wonderful story. She was born 2 months early and has speech and other delays because of this. This little girl doesn't respond to OT or PT very well. They decided to try music therapy since she responds to music. This little girl is wonderful and makes my day! Her mom said that she can't believe the difference music therapy is making with her and that her daughter asks all day long when I'm coming. As soon as I walk in the door, she runs up and hugs me. That was the easiest therapy relationship I've ever formed and the quickest client I've ever gained the trust of. Apparently she has problems looking in people's eyes, but not with me! I never knew to address that issue because it never showed up with me. Anyway, all of that to say, that this girl is delightful and it makes me love what I do even more. What a great family! Have I ever talked about the power of music and how great music therapy is? Nah...guess I've never told anyone before.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...