Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Too old or too young?

What a wonderful music therapy session I had today! It was great to be with my senior citizens. They are so much fun and full of life. I had the greatest compliment today. Or at least, I take it as a compliment. I was in the middle of singing a song and one lady piped up and said, "How do you know that song? You're too young to know that song. It was before your time." I smiled at her and said, "I know! However, when we rode with my grandpa, we listened to Mitch Miller and all of those older songs. We took great pride in learning the lyrics so we could be a human radio for them on our car rides to and from places." I then proceeded to sing a song that Ashley, Amber, and I knew by heart...."She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" AND "Five foot two, eyes of blue, woulda coulda cootchie goo, has anybody seen my gal..." I took great pride in singing those songs and watching her sing along with me. Who knew that Papa was setting me up for my music therapy sessions when I was just a wee little lassie (thanks, Dad). Thanks, Papa!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...