Friday, September 11, 2009

Curious...

Some might say that since Blake is now 13 months old we are about to experience the best part. On some days, we might agree! We love having him walk with us everywhere or hold things or laugh at us or talk to us. We hate having to say "no" and discipline, but they are musts. There are some days I feel like all we do is correct him or help keep him out of trouble. It's exhausting!

Raun has been wonderful this past week. I have been playing with the East Tennessee Symphony Orchestra. I absolutely love it. If you want to see their website, click on the logo underneath.

We have had rehearsals three nights this past week until 9:30 or so and Raun has had the chance to keep Blake and put him to bed. He has survived this week with only a few incidents. I had been telling Raun how curious Blake is and how you can't really leave him in a room by himself. He's just so fast and gets into anything and everything. I don't think Raun really believed me, but he learned quick.

I came home from rehearsal yesterday night and Raun greeted me at the door with a funny look. I went to the sink to get some water and he pointed down at the dog dish. I could have sworn that there used to be 2 dog dishes sitting there when I left. I asked him if Blake had broken one and he said, "Here's what happened. After me telling him "no" and punishing him 10 times for getting in the dog dish, I picked it up and put it on the table. I wasn't looking and I didn't think he could do this. He climbed up on the foot rail of the chair, reached up on top of the table, and dragged it to the floor. He got in big trouble for that!" Thus, that was the end of my dog dish that I had painted at the pottery place just for Ellie. Bummer, huh? That's okay, though! Since Raun didn't heed my warning, I get to paint pottery again!

The next thing out of his mouth was, "Oh...and he kept throwing his balls in the toilet." Hmmmm.....

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...