First milestone completed this week was crawling. He's mastered it now. I've tried to get some good video of it and I will try to post it either tonight or tomorrow. He can go pretty fast and this is the main hinderance to my blogging. He's into everything! Nothing is off limits. His favorite toys? Dog toys. His favorite food, you may ask? Dog food. I think we've caught him every time he gets into it, but we'll never know!
He is also pulling up on everything. My mom is convinced that he'll be crawling at 9 months, like my brother and me. I'm hoping she's wrong. I mean, crawling is wearing me out! Thank goodness, he wears himself out enough already that he has to take two naps just to make it through the day...and sometimes the morning! I've given up cleaning the house at this point. I'm just trying to make sure the floor is clean. So if you come to my house, get down on all fours and crawl around. It will be spotless. Just be sure not to look up!



His other milestone is going from laying down to sitting up. It's kind of nice to not have to come running when he is screaming because he fell down. I LOVE this stage so much better because he can play and his personality is coming through and he does so much more. However, it's also harder because his personality is coming through, which has led us to the beginning of discipline. He understands the word "no" now so when he gives us that second glance and proceeds anyway, we've had to start letting him no that it's wrong. I would much rather do it now than later. I have asked so many people at what point you are supposed to start disciplining and everyone has said, "You'll just know. They will give you that look when you say it and then they will cautiously proceed with their agenda." Boy was everyone correct! Anyway, I do love this stage that we are at, but I do miss the baby things...like him being so little, eating out wherever we wanted without having to rush, and going to the theater. But I wouldn't trade where I am now at all. There will always be the next baby!










0 comments:
Post a Comment