Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fun with Girls!



I watched two out of four kids for my friend, Jill, while she had a dentist appointment to attend to. I had a blast! I had the 2 youngest ones, one that is almost 2 and the other is 5 months old. Blake loved playing with them. It's so neat for me to watch him interact with other children and to see his personality develop in such different ways. He's becoming quite vocal, but is so sweet! We had to go to the doctor again on Sunday for the same thing that I had told my doctor about previously on Wednesday. Apparently, he had hand, foot, and mouth virus. They said he caught it from some baby's saliva. We forgot to ask if it was contagious, but Raun and I both have sore throats and stuffy noses. We're not for sure if it's allergies or the virus. He had been running a fever since the Sunday before last, but it peaked higher this past Saturday and Sunday. He was so pitiful. You could see the blisters in his throat and how sore it was. He has since gotten the blisters on his arms, legs, and feet. He's at the end of the virus, which is good because we are going to Florida this weekend to visit all of our family. That's right! Family vacation time!


I'm reading such a good book right now. It's called "No Other Gods." She talks so much about our modern day idols and the things that we put in place of God. It was very hard to read during some parts because I realized that, sad as it is, I have put things in the place of God without knowing it. It's not that I purposed to do so, but our culture throws out so many things that can sound good and possibly even, be good. However, too much of it is not good. I highly recommend the book. I hate the fact that I placed things as my false god without meaning to. I hate knowing that I broke God's heart when all He wanted was my worship and my devoted love to Him. I want to strive to be the best godly example for my children and it starts with checking my heart every single morning to make sure that there are no hidden false idols lingering around. Read the book, then let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...