Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dog Wednesday

This post is devoted strictly to my pups today! Blake still loves playing with them, but other than learning that he can push their crate across the floor, he hasn't learned any new tricks. I did get a video of the crate pushing, but it is five minutes long and I haven't had time to wait while it uploaded. Sorry! I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

As you all know, we have replaced our floors upstairs and completed our downstairs. We, as in Raun did with the help of my dad and brother. It looks so good! We absolutely love it, but if you ask our dogs how they feel about it, you would not get a positive response. They hate it! The first couple of days they would not even walk on it. We had to pick them up to take them outside. Today, Ellie has been braver and is even starting to play on it. Tug-of-war is easy for Blake now since Ellie has no foothold and is so light. Suzzy stays in her crate, willingly. She will circle her crate, cry to be picked up and placed on your lap because she's scared to jump up. It's kind of sad, really, and I feel bad about that. Raun said they will get used to it. I hope so. I think I'll take them on a nice long run tomorrow and see if that will make them feel any better.

Speaking of Ellie, that dog decided to high tail it out of the basement before I could shut the door yesterday. So, I had to go chasing her down the hill and to our neighbors house three doors down. I was so mad at the dog! I guess she was trying to teach me a lesson about the floors, but still. Thankfully, a nice lady came out and Ellie ran right to her....that was after 15 minutes of me playing monkey in the middle with her!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...