Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Book Review: The Promise of An Angel by Ruth Reid


The first book in the Heaven on Earth series, The Promise of An Angel has me waiting for the next book to come out.  I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book.  It was different from most of the Amish fiction I have read because the plot is completely different than most.

Judith Fischer wants nothing more than to be a wife, mother, and a Amish woman that follows hard after God.  She's waited so long to be married to an Amish man named Levi Plank.  All is well until her brother, Samuel, has a farm accident and his prognosis is grim: he may never walk again.  During this time, she sees an angel that has visited her brother and she meets this angel many times during this trial.  However, when she talks about it, no one believes her.  The church wants to discipline her and her family has to step in to help make mends with the church.  Levi wants her to stop the foolishness.  Only one person believes her...Andrew Lapp.

Will Judith listen to the angel and discover her dreams?  If so, where will that lead her?  Which path will she choose?  Will Samuel ever walk again?  Those are all answered in the book!  (You thought I'd tell you!)
________________
(Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...