I can sum up this book in one word: WOW! This is not my typical book and I wasn't for sure I would enjoy reading it because I knew it would have action in it. Let's just say my fingernails did not survive this book, but that's okay. I'm so glad that I read it and now I can't stop thinking about it.
This book is about the Ghost Soldiers that are in the Republic of Dhambizao. The Ghost Soldiers are wanting revenge on the government for all they claim the government has done to them, as well as the fact that they hold some of their top leaders (including the now leader of the Ghost Soldiers) brother in jail.
Dr. Paige Ryan and Nick are flown to the refugee camp to help deal with the cholera outbreak. However, the Ghost Soldiers hold it hostage and guard it 24/7. They also raid and murder some people who are providing resources to the refugee camp, as well as a mountain trekking team. How all of them come together and how one person ends up being lost in the ordeal makes for a great storyline. Not only that, but when anoter infectious disease breaks out besides the cholera, will Dr. Paige be able to save more people than who die? Will attitudes change before it's too late and will compassion reign in the lives of those who are selfish?
To make this book even more fun to read, I loved knowing that Lisa is a missionary in Mozambique and writes this book based on knowledge and some of the stories that she has researched. According to the international aid organization Doctors Without Borders, there are forty-two million people in the world who have been displaced by war and violence. These people see murder, rape, violence, and kidnappings daily. Drawing from the reports of refugees, she weaves a wonderful message of hope throughout the book, while still portraying the horrid results of the rebels and war.
___________________________
Zondervan provided me with the book free of charge, for the purpose of review.











0 comments:
Post a Comment