Tuesday, May 10, 2011

10-1/2 months!

I can't believe that Baby M is already 10-1/2 months old.  Crazy!  It just doesn't seem possible that almost a year has flown by.  It has been so much fun with her but I do feel like I have been in "survival mode" (in the words of a dear friend!).  I'm slowly figuring out a schedule that works for us but it's slow in coming, which can be frustrating on days.

Anyway, we went to the doctor this morning for her well-visit checkup and am thankful that it was timed perfectly with her not feeling well.  I'd much rather do 2 visits in 1 for the price of that 1!

She is 27-3/4 inches long and 16 pounds 15 ounces.  She's a little low in her weight but that's okay because she's moving so much.  They gave us the diagnosis of asthma in both of my babies today.  Baby M  is now on treatments which are going to require me to be near an outlet more until we get our travel nebulizer.  They are hoping they can wean her off her medicine in 6 months or so.  She's just wheezing too bad and is struggling to breathe until she gets the treatment.  I would much rather prevent it than have her or B go into a full asthma attack.  Her asthma has shown up quicker than B's.  B didn't start showing symptoms until he was 1 and he wasn't diagnosed until he was 1-1/2.  Baby M has already had 2 episodes since she was 6 months.  Needless to say, any cold that my children pick up results in me staying at home giving breathing treatments.  Not that I'm complaining because I'm thankful that there are things that will make breathing a bit easier for my kids.  That's why I dread winter so much!  All of those sicknesses seem to always get my kiddos or allergies will flare up and here we go again.

Besides that, she is doing great and is such a laid back baby.  Definitely has Daddy T's personality!  Can't believe it's time to plan ANOTHER birthday party next month!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...