What an intriguing book that was a page-turner! This is a book I would definitely recommend to others. It was also apparently nominated for the Golden Scroll Award. Freedom' Stand is a sequel to Veiled Freedom. It was fine to read without having read the first book, but I feel like I need to read the first one to gain a bit more understanding into this book.
Amy Mallory, an American relief worker, and Steve Wilson, a former U.S. soldier who is a private contractor are both working in Afghanistan. While there, they see and experience the horrid circumstances that many who chose to live for Christ in these Islamic areas often face.
This book included much about Afghanistan and the author made it feel like you were truly experiencing the same experiences that she was writing about, as well as seeing the same places as her. It is a romance book, but it is a thriller more than that. It's heart-breaking as you see the way the women are treated and the abuse that goes on for those who live for Christ.
I find this to be one of those books that is hard to sum up in such few words. Definitely a book that you should check out!
_________________
I received this book free from Tyndale Publishers in exchange for my review.











0 comments:
Post a Comment