I began this book thinking that it wouldn't be that good to read. I had never heard of this author and to be honest, I'm a bit partial to my favorites. However, I decided to give it a try. I loved it! This writer is very easy to read and is quite fun. She is humorous and has a wonderful storyline.
This book is about a lady named Joy, who is a cooking host but can't cook. No one knows this small little fact about her except a select few. She took over her dad's cooking show when he died and the producer was in a bind. Since she has been on the show, it has become a hit. They have covered up the not being able to cook problem by having a show prep do the cooking for her and making it look as if she doesn't have enough time to do it all on the show.
When the show changes producers, Allison hires Luke as a cohost. Luke is cute and is totally falling head-over-heels in love with Joy and vice versa. He has no clue that she can't cook, until one day Joy's secret is revealed on national television by her cooking rival, Wenda Devine.
The book weaves its way through showing how God can clean up a mess and that no matter what, you will always be worthy to God despite the mess you make.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











0 comments:
Post a Comment