Sunday, November 14, 2010

Taking matters into his own hands

One day a few months ago, I was proud of myself for not yelling at my son when I found him in a spot that I would never have predicted.  The story goes like this....

I had told Daddy T earlier that morning that B needed a bath that night since we
didn't give him one that morning.  I'm not for sure if B heard that part or if he decided
that he needed a bath right at that moment all on his own.  Who knows!

Daddy T left for work and I was in the bathroom getting ready to leave for
our weekly Kindermusik class.  I was gone for approximately 5 minutes or less.
I kept hearing a noise, which sounded like water.  I told B, "I hope that's not water
getting on my floor or you're going to be in trouble!"  Silence.  Splash, splash.
 Not an encouraging sound.  When I finished up what I had done, I went into the
bathroom to see what he had gotten in to and here's what I found....

 
That little stinker had climbed into the sink, filled it up, put some soap in it, and got in it
complete with his clothes.  If that wasn't enough, he grabbed the bath crayons 
(which are the coolest thing) and proceeded to leave his artwork on the counter.

I wasn't even mad, despite the fact that we were going to be late for the class AND
I had no clean shorts for him.  I had to go in another room because I just had to
laugh, but I didn't want him to see me laughing because I definitely did NOT
want him to do that again.

It's moments like these that I hope to always treasure and remember.  Those little
moments that I too often get frustrated with and wonder when the day will come
when I can sit down for longer than 2 minutes when he is awake!  I don't want that just
yet.  I'll take these memories for now and just hope that my house can handle all
that he and his darling sister will do to it.
Yes, friends....this is my life and I love it!  As I'm reminded all of the time with my people that I work with in the nursing home...."Life goes by too fast.  Enjoy EVERY moment you can with your child.  It's worth it."  And that's what I'm doing.  I'm so thankful they get to enjoy my kids, too!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...