Friday, November 5, 2010

Lead Me

I had a conversation today with an older friend about all of the roles that moms play.  I mean there are so many days my head swirls just thinking about all I have to do.  She brought up the fact that sometimes we, as women, forget all that the men do as well.  She told me about this song and I looked it up and absolutely love it and the story behind it.  Please, please, please check it out and even if you are a girl, there's a lot you can learn from this message and song.  It is very challenging.  This conversation with a friend followed a conversation that Daddy T and I had last night.  We talked about how we were so thankful for our kiddos, but we do kinda miss the days where we could come home and not invest so much of ourselves in every single person in the family.  Don't get me wrong....we wouldn't change a thing.  However, it can be challenging to make sure that each member of the family has spent some time with Daddy T that day, which means that Daddy T doesn't get too much time by himself to do things that he either needs to do or that will relax him and make him feel not as stressed.  I know I have those same problems, but I guess I always thought that since Daddy T got out of the house every day and got to have actual conversations (without his head multi-tasking to try to make sure everyone was where they should be and that things aren't missing and no one is getting hurt) that automatically made my days harder.  Not to say my days are a walk in the park, but this song really showed me the desires of my husband's heart and how perhaps he has some of that "daddy guilt" thrust upon him, as well, even if he's more reluctant to talk about it than I am with my "mommy guilt."



Sanctus Real - “Lead Me”




I look around and see my wonderful life

Almost perfect from the outside

In picture frames I see my beautiful wife

Always smiling

But on the inside, I can hear her saying...



“Lead me with strong hands

Stand up when I can't

Don't leave me hungry for love

Chasing dreams, what about us?



Show me you're willing to fight

That I'm still the love of your life

I know we call this our home

But I still feel alone”



I see their faces, look in their innocent eyes

They're just children from the outside

I'm working hard, I tell myself they'll be fine

They're independent

But on the inside, I can hear them saying...



“Lead me with strong hands

Stand up when I can't

Don't leave me hungry for love

Chasing dreams, but what about us?



Show me you're willing to fight

That I'm still the love of your life

I know we call this our home

But I still feel alone”



So Father, give me the strength

To be everything I'm called to be

Oh, Father, show me the way

To lead them

Won't You lead me?



To lead them with strong hands

To stand up when they can't

Don't want to leave them hungry for love,

Chasing things that I could give up



I'll show them I'm willing to fight

And give them the best of my life

So we can call this our home

Lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone



Father, lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone



these lyrics are submitted by MHSDC
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...