Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Book Review: An Amish Christmas


Amish fiction has to be one of my favorite genre of books to read.  There's something about the life of the Amish that intrigues me and relaxes me.  I often tell my mom that I know that they work extremely hard, but I love their simplicity in life.  They don't have all of the outward demands on their time.  They concentrate on their families and I love that. 

An Amish Christmas is a group of novellas that have four different stories inside.  They are all very well-written and easy to read.  I didn't want to put the book down but when did, I was easily able to find my spot.  I also really like the size of the book because it fit easily inside my diaper bag, which made it great to travel around to places with me.

A Choice to Forgive was about a man named Daniel that wanted to gain the love of Lydia after he had disappeared.  After she became a widow (which was Daniel's brother that died), he realized how much he loved her and wanted to marry her.

A Miracle for Miriam was about Seth, who had left the Amish community for a few years until he had a wreck and realized the mistake he made in leaving.  He used to make fun of Miriam when he found out that she had a crush on him.  Now that he's returned to the community, he realizes he likes her but has to find a way to make her forgive him for his past.

One Child is about a birth that would forever change the lives of two couples in Lancaster County forever.  Who is this child?  Hmmm....I'm not going to spoil it for you.  You must read it to find out!  Am I mean?!

Christmas Candles is a bonus book that has Anna delivering multiple babies in one night.  However, she gets some help from a handsome man that she ends up loving, Asa Lapp.

Each novella is about 150 pages long, so it is nice and short.  If you like Amish fiction, this is a must-read.

________________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...