
Normally while I am at the beach, I like to grab my Bible early in the morning and go sit outside and watch the sunrise. There is just something so beautiful and peaceful about watching the sun set and rise over the ocean and the mountains. Hearing the waves makes me focus for some reason and I just can't help but pray. I tend to think about things and people other than myself while I am looking out at the vast ocean. For example, at the other end of this ocean is another country where people aren't necessarily able to worship freely. Another frequent thought is amazement that God would even think to make something so beautiful. Then usually comes the thought of how much God is an artist. I start to look at the sky as a portrait and the beautiful clouds that look like they were painted on. Then I start thinking about all of the people walking the beaches and how most of them don't have a relationship with Jesus, which leads me to the prayers. I love the things God chooses to show me while I look out at the ocean. I love the thoughts that I think and the insights I tend to get. In fact, I simply love just being still. It's probably the only time that it's easy for me to sit in one place and focus.

What do you think about when you see this? What thoughts come into your head as you stare out into the vast ocean and the endless beach?










1 comments:
When I was in Hawaii in March, I did the same thing and it was magnificent. I was one of the few up so early, and I would go down to the beach and walk listening to praise and worship music on my ipod. Somehow, every song seemed to speak directly about the moment, referring to God's ability to stretch our sins further than the ocean and how his love can wash over us in waves. It was so peaceful and pleasant. Reading your post just automatically took me back to those moments.
Post a Comment