Baby M has battled reflux since birth. She will sometimes gasp and forget to breathe, so it has made us sleep not as soundly as we used to. Granted, she sleeps through the night, but we don't get that restful sleep because we're listening out for her. A few nights ago, she started to get a rattling in her chest and this horrible sound like she was choking. I took her next door to our neighbor who works with the NICU babies and she checked her out for me. She was pretty sure it was related to her reflux since she wasn't stuffy and it wasn't in her chest. (I was schedule for the doctor in two days, but wanted to make sure I didn't need to call right away.) Turns out, she was right. We went to the doctor's for our well check-up appointments for both kids and our pediatrician is certain it's reflux. She's started her on some medicine since it is getting worse and not better. We had been on one but it hasn't worked, so we're getting switched to a different one. We're hoping it helps to clear her up. It's pitiful and she's just been crying nonstop for the past oh....couple of days. We were advised to invest in a wedge (not the SIDS one) but one that is much higher.
As far as the stats go, Baby M weighs 9 pounds 15 ounces and is 22 1/4 inches long. She's normal, except for her head. She's got a rather big head, apparently. I just say it has the ability to hold A LOT of knowledge! B is 27 pounds and I forgot how tall he is. I'll have to write it later. It's in the living room and at the moment, Baby M has finally fallen asleep on my lap and I'm not waking her up just to grab the piece of paper. Sorry, readers! You're important, but not THAT important! B had to have his finger pricked 2 times because of low iron. He's on the line with it, but doesn't need iron pills. I'm sneaking in a lot more veggies by pureeing them (thanks to Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfield), so maybe that will help. By the way, Daddy T hates this book. He doesn't like not knowing what he's eating. He's taken several things to work to share and he tells them that I've hidden different foods in them. He's convinced my Rice Krispies had some kind of vegetables in them. I can't convince him that they were normal, and all I added was flaxseed!
Friday, August 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment