Saturday, August 21, 2010

Book Review: Love, Charleston by Beth Webb Hart



I have never read anything by Beth Webb Hart, but I have been curious about her books since I see them in Lifeway a lot.  I must say that the first chapter or two didn't grab me, but the more I read the more I enjoyed it.  When I would finish a chapter, I felt like I was exploring Charleston myself.  She did a wonderful job highlighting the city and it's especially good if you've been to Charleston yourself and can place certain areas, like The Battery, etc.

The book itself includes two sisters and a cousin that have a strong friendship.  They each have their own path that they are taking to find happiness.  Anne wants a husband and children; Della wants a house with air-conditioning and doesn't want to struggle financially anymore; Alisha (or Lisha) just wants her husband home and caring more.   

Beth did a good job intertwining the characters to where it wasn't awkward to read about each one.  I never got confused as to which character was doing what, which often happens in books where many characters are the main characters.  It was a joy to read and has made me want to find her other books.  I almost felt like I was on a mini-vacation in Charleston!  Mom, you're definitely going to have to read this one.  You will like it..




Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...