Have you ever had one of those days where you knew right when your child woke up that it was just going to be a rough day? You know, one of those days where in the first five minutes of getting them up you are already wondering how quickly you can get them back to bed in hopes that they will wake up a much, much, MUCH nicer person? You know, that person that you gave birth to...yeah, that same sweet one!
That was today. I was looking forward to today so much. I had a wonderful morning all planned out with nothing to do but to play with toys and chase each other and of course, my favorite, give lots of hugs and kisses. I was going to feed B his favorite food, fettuccine Alfredo, for lunch. I was excited about today.
I spoke at an inservice at 7:30 this morning and got home before Daddy T had to get to work. As soon as I walked in the door, B started throwing some papers off of the table and preceded that with his cup. Thank goodness the cup was spill-proof. He was informed that he needed to pick up everything he threw down and then to go sit in his room until he could lose the attitude (okay, so other words were used that were more on his level, but that's the gist). I made him some oatmeal for breakfast and he refused to eat it. Have I mentioned how much I am disliking feeding this boy? That's another post, though. Anyway, upon his refusal, complete with whining, crying, and tantrum-throwing, I sent him to his room for fear that I just might say something to him that I will regret and I was losing my patience. FAST. This lasted for an hour! By 9:30, I took him aside and explained to him why I was so angry (and he did eat his oatmeal, by the way) and that I was sorry for losing my patience with him. I thought he might have learned his lesson and decided to perk up a bit. Nope. Not even 15 minutes later, we hit more bumps in our morning. So instead of doing all of the fun things that I had wanted to do with him, we ended up going to bed at 10:15 this morning for a very early nap. He didn't seem to mind, so I'm hoping that this behavior is just happening because he's extra tired. I know I am, so hopefully he will be happier when he wakes up. I never understood why my mom hated my brother and I whining. And I never viewed our "requests" as whining. Now I understand why she was about to go crazy with that when I'm sure she heard it constantly and continuously. Oops!:) There Mom, you've gotten your revenge.










0 comments:
Post a Comment