Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Book Review: Seeds of Turmoil by Bryant Wright




I really enjoyed reading the Seeds of Turmoil.  It was not a book written to scare you about the end times or the ongoing crises in the Middle East.  This book was very well-written and well-researched.  It isn't written in an intimidating way as a book full of facts.  This book was hard for me to put down, which says a lot for a nonfiction book.  Pastor Bryant has a heart for Israel and really brings out the fact that it is all because of one choice, a long time ago, that has led to the conflict in the Middle East, just as God said it would.  I'm sure that Abraham never realized that their decision to use Hagar as a surrogate would lead to the ongoing conflicts.  Imagine Hagar when God told her that Ishmael would be a wild man and his hand would be against the world and the world's against his.  Yikes!  I wouldn't want to hear that about my kids!  However, that's the section of the Bible that Pastor Bryant highlights.  He goes in-depth into the history of Israel as well.  He even includes sections on Jewish, Christian, and Islamic beliefs.  I found it quite interesting since I don't know too much about Islamic beliefs.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wonders what's going on over in the Middle East and why can't there just be peace.  Through this book, you will learn why peace isn't really as easy as many people think it is....that with everyone wanting the same pieces of land as each other because they think it belongs to them.  Funny, though, that we are all ancestors of Abraham, but that's where we break off....as either ancestors of Isaac or Ishmael.  I never really thought about that before, but now I find it quite interesting for some reason!





Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...