Tuesday, September 28, 2010

DVD Review: Adventures in Booga Booga Land-Volume 1


This DVD could easily be summed up in one word: GREAT!  I have never read any of these books, but apparently the movie is based on the books from Richard Milner.  This movie takes three different parables that are all found in Matthew and it puts it into a story for kids and adults to understand.  This movie adds lots of humor and I found myself laughing out loud during several parts of it.  Even my 2-year-old sat for most of it.

Adventures in Booga Booga Land has two main characters: Marty (the monkey) and Gerard (the giraffe).  Together, these friends act out the different parables, such as "The Workers in the Vineyard" (Matthew 20:1-16), "The Wise and Foolish Builders" (Matthew 7:24-27), and The Lamp Under the Bowl (Matthew 5:14-16).  The movie lasts 45 minutes, but is broken up into 3 short segments.  Before each segment, the Scripture reference and the parable title is written on the screen so that you know which parable they are teaching.

I think this movie will be great as B gets older because it will open up some conversation opportunities to talk about the parables and what they mean and why they are important to us.  Overall, a very cute movie...one that both kids and adults will enjoy.






Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...