I did it! I ran my first 5k! I was so excited when I crossed that finish line with Aunt Mo because this had been something on my to-do list for awhile. Honestly, though, the thought of running a race terrified me. I don't consider myself a runner and although I knew I wouldn't be a top placer (and have no desire to be), I still expected a lot of myself to at least run it all. I'm proud to say we ran all but around 6 minutes of it. Aunt Mo helped me cross the finish line because I was pretty tired after the last hill. I kept praying to God and asking Him to please keep my feet moving. It reminded me of my Christian faith in so many ways. I feel like I'm at a point with my kids where I'm constantly praying to stay one step ahead of them. Just one! I need that wisdom.
I now see why running is addictive. It was like nothing I had ever experienced. I know it's just a 5k, but it's a start. Once I complete more of those, I'll add the 10k. Aunt Mo and I are trying to find a fun place to run a half marathon at some point. A small fact on Aunt Mo---she used to run cross-country, so she's a great person for me to run with. I hope I didn't slow her down too much!
I don't have any pictures, sadly, because Daddy T didn't get there in time because of Baby M's nap and the hitting construction. That's okay, though. I insisted that he has to take a picture of me at the New Year's Eve race that is in the hilly city. Not so sure how I will do with these 4 miles, complete with hills, but I know I will do my best and keep training. Have I mentioned how fun it is and how proud I am that I accomplished my goal?!
I have several races in mind to run, so hopefully all goes well and I'll get to do those. I'd love to do one a month, but we'll see if I can. I actually LOVE running in the winter. It's a little harder when it's cold and windy, but the running gear they have is quite impressive and I love running in it.
So...that's my race summary. Expect another one on New Year's Eve!
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comments:
That is so awesome! Keep us updated on your running progress.
Post a Comment