Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Book Review: An Amish Love


There's no need for me to retell you about how much I love Amish fiction.  So it's probably no surprise that I am reviewing another Amish fiction book.  This book is three novellas that are written by Beth Wiseman, Kelly Long, and Kathleen Fuller.

Healing Hearts by Beth Wiseman is about a husband who left his wife to "find himself."  She, in return, has had to trust that God would work a miracle and had to lean on Him in ways that she had never done previously.  Upon returning, her husband has to prove to his wife that he not only loves her and cares for her, but that he's sorry for leaving in the first place.

A Marriage of the Heart by Kelly Long is about two people that find themselves getting married.  Once they are married, they come to realize what true love really is and what it means to love someone.

What the Heart Sees by Kathleen Fuller is blind and lost her boyfriend not long after the accident occurred.  Skip ahead a few years and her ex-boyfriend returns and realizes that he was wrong and falls in love.

The stories are very predictable, but they are enticing and make me want to continue reading them.  It's also a good preview as to the writing styles of the different authors.

_______________________
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...