Sunday, December 19, 2010

The 2nd child

We are currently walking through what some may call the "terrible 2's" and what I tend to call "him exerting his independence in a very strong way, and at at times, defiant way."  This morning was no different.  It seems that this week has been bad for us.  I'm not for sure what has changed this week to make him in such a bad mood, but it did.  Maybe it's me being more tired than normal.  Who knows!  I am in no way blaming it all on him because I'm just as responsible for not being as patient with him and vice versa.  I know I play a part in this past week.  I just don't know what it is/was. 

On our way to church this morning, we were running late, of course.  I, for once, wasn't getting onto Daddy T for being late again.  I am merely accepting that we just can't plan to be anywhere by 9:00.  So I never plan that!  However, church does start then, but thankfully most of the class is orchestra/choir members so many people come in late.  It works great for us! 

I began thinking about our week while B was in the back seat whining.  Ahhhh!!!!  I turned to Daddy T and told him that it must have been wonderful to be Mary and to have Jesus...so perfect, not whining, not disobeying, just perfect.  But then I started to think about the shock it would have been to have the next child.  Yikes!  To go from perfect to imperfect would have been a shock.  Think about the standard Jesus set for his siblings.  I wonder how Mary did it and how she coped with not playing favorites just because Jesus obeyed, and well...of course was the Messiah!

Just a random thought I had this morning that I thought I'd share.  So there.

1 comments:

Anonymous

I never picture Jesus as being perfect. As a child, I imagine him being like most kids. He still had to learn his way, still had to learn to obey both his earthly parents and the God above. B is a very normal little boy and we all go through the, Gaahhhh!!!! Just be quiet!!! --moments. It only gets more entertaining. Like an awesome movie that you can't figure out the ending.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...