Friday, December 31, 2010

Book Review: Hatteras Girl


Hatteras Girl by Alice Wisler was a fun read.  The beginning offered a lot of details in some parts, which tended to make my mind wander.  However, I was hooked from the beginning.  It was funny, sweet, and had romance but not the sappy kind. 

Jackie Donovan has always wanted to be the owner of the Bailey House, which was a bed and breakfast.  It held so many wonderful memories of her childhood and she wanted to restore it and reopen it to its former glory.  She finally meets the grandson of the Baily House who has some secrets about the house that he doesn't want anyone to find out about.  When Jackie does find out, it changes that relationship entirely.  If it wasn't for her best friend, things would have been disastrous.  Thanks to the Bailey House, it brings two people together who might never have viewed themselves as a "couple."

Alice Wisler is a great storyteller and writer.  This was the first book I have read by her, but I already have gotten her other two!





_______
This book was received free from Bethany House Publishers for me to review.  I was not required to write a positive review for this book...only my opinion!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...