Wednesday, December 2, 2009

More bumps and bruises

We take care of our precious baby, I promise. I've determined that he is the true definition of a boy and I love the fact that he is curious and tries to make things work. For example, the other day, he was in the dog crate (and no, we don't put him in there...he takes his food in there and eats at times...or sets the dogs free) and decided that the roll of wrapping paper should go in there with him. He couldn't make it fit with the door closed and it made him really frustrated. Daddy T kept trying to explain to him that it just wouldn't work and he finally gave up. Another example is when he was trying to fit several circle boxes in a bookholder. He really thought that all of them should fit inside. They didn't and he was frustrated that he couldn't make them fit, no matter how hard he tried. I look at this as a positive thing in his personality. Of course, on a bad day, it can be quite annoying with him dragging things out and messing up everything, but at least he's learning to clean up at an early age! I am choosing to think of it as a blessing because at least he likes to figure out how things work and how things fit together. It is a good thing, despite the messes it makes. Messes are temporary, right? Right?! I am in the stage of messes. Anyway, this post is not about messes, but about his latest bruise, which is in the form of a black eye. Daddy T went to pick him up from the nursery on Sunday and saw this little face.

They said that he was playing with the toy box and somehow he fell on it and it gave him the nice shiner in time for Christmas pictures! We weren't mad. We were grateful that at least it happened with someone else for a change! You can watch this boy 24/7 and you still couldn't prevent his bruises or scars. He's just too fast and too curious for his own good! But that's why I love him! So when you get your Christmas card this year and you see this little bruise and the scar on his right eye, you'll know why.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...