My college roomies and I like to take several days to spend together (we try for every year), whether it's at the beach or at a cabin. We need our girl time and have wonderful conversations. This year, we chose the cabins in the mountains. Jen and I took our little bundles of joy along, which made for even more memories. Poor Nessa! I think we just ensured that she won't be having kids for a while. So much for sleeping in; although thankfully, both boys still slept through the night. Jen and I were up early (well, not for me since I was still on ET, but Jen and Nessa are normally on CT). I think Nessa felt bad about sleeping in, so she got up with us. How sweet, huh? Apparently the brand new cabin we stayed at had unfiltered water. So for you who go to the mountains, don't drink the tap water. Apparently they aren't always filtered and can be hooked up to who knows where. Jen had brought a bunch of bottled water, but because I'm pregnant and drink 24/7 I feel like, I was constantly filling up the Nalgene bottle from the tap AND drinking the bottled water. Thankfully, no one else drank the tap water and we didn't give any to the boys, except in the form of bath water. All of that to say, I spent the week of Thanksgiving with parasites....again. I mean, really? Who gets parasites TWICE in their lifetime when they have never been out of the country? Morning sickness has nothing compared to parasites. Heather, one of my wonderful friends and future doctor, has claimed that I have the worst GI luck! She then likes to look at what I have and describe it to me. I think sometimes, I'd rather not know! But she'll be a great doctor. Anyway, that's beside the point! We shopped and hung out at the cabin since we were at the VERY top of the mountain. We were too scared to go up and down it at night, so we made sure we picked up dinner on the way home. Can you believe we've been such good friends since our freshman year in college....and I've been friends with Jen since 2 years before that and Nessa since 1 year before. So that makes it around 10 years. And that's after living with them both for all of college. Amazing! Nessa picked out a beautiful cabin.





We let little E and B get into the bath together and turned on the jets. Of course, we were right there so nothing would happen. They LOVED it! B thought it was a big swimming pool.





B liked to sit in E's lap. He also liked to sit in E's Bumbo, which he has found his at home and carries it everywhere. Shhh...don't tell him, but he's getting a table and chair set for Christmas, so hopefully the Bumbo can be stored for the next baby!




Can you tell that we had fun? We determined that we need to stay longer next year because the time just flies by way too fast! Thank you girls for a wonderful trip. Can't wait to see you again soon!
0 comments:
Post a Comment