Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Pictures

Our little boy is blossoming more every day. In some ways it's great and in other ways it is a test of our patience and diligence and consistency. He has definitely learned how to throw temper tantrums and how to let us know when he doesn't want to do things we ask of him. He's a great cleaner-upper and does good at following directions to go and get things (when he's in a good mood). There was one day that I felt I had been inducted into a new stage in mommyhood when he decided to sit down in the middle of the parking lot at Books-A-Million. I was so mad at that boy that when I finally got to tell Mom the story she just laughed. She said that she remembered those days, but that she just couldn't believe that her grandson would have pulled all of those stunts in a row. I informed her that he is in fact, not an angel and she informed me that all of my grandparents think I'm an angel. She said that's the job of being a grandparent. Okay....so if my grandparents think I'm an angel, then how can I deny that?! I mean, I am, right? Yeah, yeah....if they could see me on that day, they would whole-heartedly agree with a NO! But that's okay. I did a lot of talking to God that day and asking Him to change my attitude and to help my son who refused to obey----including REFUSING to take a nap. He never does that. And hasn't since, thank goodness.

Anyway, back to the wonderful things my little boy has learned. He has learned "uh oh" and likes to say it as he throws things down. We are quick to inform him that it is NOT an "uh oh" when you intentionally throw things down. He doesn't quite get that, but like I said, consistency is the key! He says "hot" when we first give him his food, because it is usually hot since the kid has absolutely no patience. He still is polite, signing "please" before everything. We're working on "thank you." He runs, kicks, and throws balls now. He loves to slide and sit at tables. He's so much fun when he's not asserting his independence! I love him, though. My mom keeps me in check by assuring me that my brother and I carried out the same stunts with her. She helps me put it all into perspective and to actually like these lessons because I know I'll miss them one day.

Good news on the Christmas tree front....I haven't had to rewrap ANY presents, yet. He likes to pick them up and then very quickly put them down before we see them. He decorated some cookies at Mom's Morning Out. He loved it and thought it was so much fun. He wasn't afraid to get both hands into the different colored icing.

Well, I'm not posting all of our Christmas pictures because some of you who read this are getting them for Christmas. I will give you a small taste of them, though. He did so good and laughed and smiled the entire time. Amazing!




I just finished an incredibly powerful and challenging book, so I'll be posting about that book over the next few days, hopefully. It's about the Chinese House Church movements and the Back to Jerusalem movements by Brother Yun. Incredible. To end this post, check out this funny video.

1 comments:

Julie

Hey Megan! I'm trying to send you an email w/ your order, but it keeps saying it wont go through. Do you by chance have another address I could use? Sorry!
-Leelou

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...