
This little boy has been grumpy. I know, I know, it's hard to believe, but it's the utter truth. He has been whiny and clingy and just all around grumpy and NOT like himself the past few days. He had also been tugging at his ear since last Wednesday after the little accident occurred. I brought it up at the doctor's on Wednesday, but they said it was probably because his head was hurting from his falls and that his ear was okay. However, this past week I was convinced otherwise since he was still pulling on it.
That brings us to yesterday. We had to go to the doctor to get his stitches taken out. The doctor had some trouble with them because the scab had grown over the stitches. We had to wet them a lot to try to soften it so that the scab wouldn't hurt B when the stitches were being pulled out. It took 3 of us to hold him down because he had to be absolutely still. I let Daddy T cover for me at one point because he was better at it. I can't imagine having a baby in the hospital and having to watch this kind of thing being done to your baby day in and day out. I know they had to come out and he was perfectly fine afterwards, but I hated to hear him scream and looking up at me wondering what was happening. Some good did come out of him screaming, though. We were finally able to see in his mouth and check out his teeth! He has at least 2 of his 1 year molars coming in! That explained some of the crankiness. Just to be sure we weren't missing anything and because I didn't want to have to make a 3rd trip back, I had them double check his ear again. I was right. Something was wrong. The boy has an ear infection. Again. So he's on some new medicine that isn't as harsh as the last time he had it and is stronger than the first couple of times. Hopefully this won't lead to the horrid diaper rash. Just in case, I'm packing my homemade butt cream. It works wonders and does so very quickly!
Here's the after pictures of little B and his scar. Just in time for Christmas pictures! Oh well. At least it's just a scar and nothing worse. I'm extremely grateful for that and for the people that were there when it happened.











0 comments:
Post a Comment